- Patients can order repeats online via the online patient access or the link at the top of this page. There are forms in the surgery to complete or click on the link below to download one.
- Post or hand in a written request (ideally your computer printout sheet)
- Please only order your repeat prescription when you are down to 7 days worth of medication. If you need to make a request before this, please state a reason for your early request.
- Allow 3 working days notice for preparation of the prescription if it has been ordered online via patient access, these requests go straight to your GP.
Allow 5 working days for preparation of the prescription if it has been ordered via email or paper as there is additional administration work required.
(Please appreciate that all requests involve, checking and signing by a doctor).
- We do not under any circumstances accept prescription requests over the phone.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.65
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £111.60
- 3-month PPC: £31.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.